Are you interested in parks and natural areas? Do you wish for more hiking, biking and horse trails in Scandia? Would you like to see more permanent protection for natural areas? Consider becoming involved in our group!
Friends of Scandia Parks and Trails is a volunteer organization dedicated to protecting and enhancing the parks, trails, open space and natural areas in the City of Scandia.
We are involved in our community in many ways.
- Butterfly Garden at Lilleskogen Park
- Partnership with local 4-H group to install pollinator planting at city park, work with Eagle Scouts on park signage
- Trail improvements and exotic brush removal at Wind in the Pines
- Wildlife Friendly Mowing City Ordinance
- Pollinator Friendly City Initiative
- Initiation of Scandia as a Green Step City
- Development of bike routes in the city of Scandia Scandia Bike Route Maps (Printable .pdf file)
- Bike signage for the Sand Lake Route
- Promotion of Gateway Trail extension
- Free community presentations on wide ranging topics including local geology and rural landscaping as well as monarch butterfly ecology.
- Guided nature hikes at local parks and state scientific and natural areas