Minutes of the December 14, 2009
Meeting of the Board of Directors of the
Friends of Scandia Parks and Trails
Attendees: Karen Schik, Tom Triplett, Mike Harnetty, Mike White, Judy Rydeen, Michelle McNulty, Matt Rasmussen and Stephen Ledo Absent: Rich Burton, Tom Krinke
The meeting was convened at 7:05 pm.
1. Amendments to the agenda: no major additions were added.
2. Minutes from November meeting were approved as submitted.
3. Financial report: In Rich's absence, Tom reported that there is about $1380 in our account.
4. The member survey is now up online. Both the Friends and the city will announce that it is ready for completion by city residents and Friends members. Parks and Trails Survey
5. The annual meeting is coming up January 21 (7 pm Community Center). Major agenda items will be announcement of the survey results, election of 2010 board members, report from the city's Parks/Rec Committee, and discussion of the Gateway Trail expansion. For the meeting, Judy Rydeen volunteered to prepare refreshments, and Michelle McNulty offered to mail postcards to Friends members. Members whose terms are up for election at the annual meeting are White, Rydeen, Rasmussen, McNulty, and Ledo. All except Ledo indicated an interest in running for re-election. Ledo indicated that he is going to college and that he would seek a replacement representative from the Scouts. Members who have one more year on their term include Schik, Krinke, Burton, Triplett, and Harnetty. The members agreed that we should elect at least one more new member to the board in addition to the slots up for reelection.
6. Lions Park/Hay Lake Park. Mike H reported that the Lions have identified the Lions Park on Olinda as an issue for further study and that Tom T will be chairing a Lions committee on the issue. Judy, Matt and Karen volunteered to be on the study committee. Mike said that two other Lions have volunteered. Tom said he has invited the city Parks/Rec committee to also name a member.
7. Karen thanked the board members who contacted Washington County about the proposed bonding for parks and open spaces. She reported that the county board will be selling $10 million in bonds for these projects.
8. The meeting was adjourned at 8:20pm. The next meeting is January 11.